Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Races

I ran in my first 10k (6 miles) in the Famous Idaho Potato Race on May 16th! It was such a great experience...not to mention pretty hard. I ran the whole thing and never walked! (thanks to Cara) I followed her the entire way, and I told myself that as long as she kept running I would keep running. She never stopped to walk so I couldn't, although I really wanted to. I finished in just over 54 minutes. I hope to do it again sometime and beat my time. I ran it with Hadley my sister-in-law, and Cara one of my good friends. It was fun to do together!!

Hadley, me, and Cara
Me at the finish!
Hadley at the finish!

On May 9th I ran in a 5k with my good friend and next door neighbor Serena. We ran in Race for the Cure, and there were soooo many people. It was tons of fun!!


1 comment:

Cara said...

Look at you run. That's funny, I finally got around to posting this tonight too. You look way to cute after those six miles. You put me to shame.