Saturday, March 15, 2008

My last day of work!!

Yesterday was my last day of work. I am sad that it is over, but it also feels good to be done. I will miss my kids and miss teaching a lot. There is still a chance I might go back to finish in May. We'll see?? A couple mom's threw a surprise party for me yesterday. It was so thoughtful of them and really made the day memorable.



There are 2 other teachers due around the same time as me. The one next to me is having her baby on Tuesday (c-section) and the other teacher is having her baby in May. It has been fun to all be pregnant and huge together.


I worked on a team with 2 other teachers who put these gifts together for me. They are great ladies and so kind. One is a framed picture with the students signatures, and the other is a scrapbook (that took many hours to put together) with baby advice that my students gave me. There are places to put pictures of my baby girl. It is such a cute book and she is a great scrapbooker. I will cherish these gifts.

8 comments:

Liz said...

i love all the updates kara! not much longer to go! i can't wait to see baby pics. good luck with everything.

The Idaho Olsens said...

What fun gift ideas from the other teachers.. How thoughtful. You will be a great mom and I can't wait to see pictures of her on your blog.

Greg and Allice said...

Kara,
You are such a cute prego lady!! I bet your kids were sad to see you go. I am excited to see your cute new baby and I totally look forward to future posts and pics. Good luck with everything.

Allice

Kimberly said...

I can't believe you made it this long! You are very cute pregnant!

Jenn said...

My last day as a teacher was very emotional!!! Sounds like you had all the same feelings. How can a person feel sad, excited, anxious, and grateful all at the same time???? I was exhausted after such a big day.

You will love being a mom, and you will be grateful for your experiences as a teacher. Already, I have drawn from things I learned as a teacher. My kids aren't even in school yet! Good luck!!!

Liz said...

Good luck this week! We're all anxious to meet this little girl!

Marc, Michelle, Jackson, and Bennett said...

Fun updates Kara! Lets get this little one here. You are so close! Good luck with everything.

April said...

You are so cute! I liked see all the pictures from your other posts! Hope you are feeling well! You are almost there and I can't wait to see pictures of your new little one!

That was so nice of your friends and students to do a party for you! :)