Sunday, March 23, 2008

Announcing the arrival of...

Mylee Lyn McBride!

She was born on Tuesday, March 18th @ 8:48 pm. She weighed 7 lbs. 4 oz. and was 18 1/2 inches long.




We are so excited to have her a part of our family and we love her sooooo much. We went in Tuesday for an appt. @ 1:30 and they admitted us right away. I had been having contractions pretty regularly since Monday morning. So I was glad to finally be admitted. (We went in Tuesday morning at like 2 AM, and they told us to go home. ahhh...frustrating... So I went home to experience contrations every 6 or so minutes. It made for quite a night.) Once I was admitted things went pretty quick. I had an epidural, which was so great at the beginning to finally have relief in my stomach from contractions. It wore off at the end of the delivery but since I went from 6 cm. dilated to a 10 so fast they couldn't top it off. But things went pretty well for the most part, and we are so happy to have a beautiful, healthy baby girl. Kevin has been the greatest. It is so fun to see him as a dad, and see how willing he is to do whatever for her. I feel like I can't quite comfort her the way I would like since I am still healing, so I am so thankful for Kevin and how good he is at being there to comfort her. I love being a mother! Also, we didn't give her a name until yesterday. We had to go to the hospital for an appt. yesterday and so it was our goal to name her that day, since we had to do the paper work there. We sat in the hospital for like an hour making decisions on her name, but we finally gave her a name. We love her so much!!!

28 comments:

The Harwood Family said...

She is SO CUTE! I found your blog off of Heather's, so I hope you don't mind! I heard you had your baby last week...there's nothing like a first child. Isn't it a miracle!! I love her name too! Congratulations! Hopefully we'll get to see you sometime even though we live in Kuna now!

Cinderella, the A-Train and Our Little Caboose said...

Kara, She is beautiful! Congratulations!!

Liz said...

yay! she is so beautiful, kara! i am so happy for you to be a mommy!!! hopefully we can share some labor/motherhood war stories sometime soon! congratulations!

Camie said...

Congratulations to all of you! Thanks for sharing the pictures, and great job settling on a name--it's not an easy thing even though you have 9 months to brainstorm! Keep the pictures coming!

Liz said...

She's gorgeous! You look awesome, too! We're anxious to get to meet her!

The Idaho Olsens said...

Congratulations Kara & Kevin- She is beautiful and you two will be great parents. It is a wonderful roller coaster ride. We can't wait to meet Mylee.

The Idaho Olsens said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tory and Elizabeth said...

Congratulations. What a perfect Easter celebration. I hope you all are feeling well and can't wait to meet Miss Mylee.

Jenn said...

What a beautiful girl!!! Congrats! I hope all continues to go well. Kara, you look great!

Elizabeth said...

Aahh! I've been waiting for news and we're so excited for you! Mylee is beautiful and you look like you're doing well. Congratulations! Get some rest and give our love to your sweet baby girl!

Pruett said...

KARA!!!! We are so excited for you guys. How beautiful is she? You did it and congratulations! I am thrilled for you! We love you!
Love, Heather

Brad and Rebecca said...

CONGRATS!!!!! Enjoy that sweet baby!

Greg and Allice said...

Kara Congrats. I have been checking your blog almost every day in hopes of seeing these pics. Your baby is so cute. Good luck with everything!

Cindy Spratling said...

Yay!!! Congratulations Kara. She is so beautiful. It only gets better from here. There's nothing sweeter than a precious baby girl. And I LOVE her name.

Janeen said...

Kara, Congratulations! We are so excited for you! You're new little family looks great and we hope the best for you!

Marc, Michelle, Jackson, and Bennett said...

Congrats to you guys! she is so beautiful! Enjoy every minute with your cute newborn...the newborn stage ends too fast! Keep the updates and pictures coming!

Rick & Marianne said...

Congratulations Kara and Kevin! She is beautiful! Heather just emailed me with her new blog and I found yours! I am so happy for you and can't wait to meet Mylee!
Love, Marianne

April said...

Congratulations!!!!! She is sooo precious! I love her name!!! Glad to hear that everything went well.

Tony and Sarah Hendricks said...

She is so adorable!!! You & Keving look great too!! I am so excited you both and I LOVE her name!!!! Great pick!

Kimberly said...

Congrats on the beautiful girl! There is such a special bond! I think I will leave a comment on your cousin's blog, just let her know I'm not some crazy woman!

nateandcole said...

She's beautiful! And you look great. What a cute little family. I like her name too.

Anonymous said...

Kara - I love all the cute pictures. You look great by the way (how'd you do it?!) Good luck with little Mylee I can't wait to come and see her. give her hugs and kisses from aunt Jen

Julie Carroll said...

Mylee is sure lucky to have such wonderful parents. We are so excited for you guys. We are excited about making many memories with your family in the future!

Amy said...

yeah Kara!!!!! I'm sooooo happy for you guys!!! Good luck with adjusting to a new baby. It's hard at first but you are going to be such a good mom!! Ejoy.

Stacy said...

Hey Kara, Congratulations on a new baby. She's beautiful. I found your blog through my friend Jessa then through her sister Allice. You look so great! It's fun to see updates on your family. I hope everything is going well. You'll be such a great mom.

April said...

I'm ready to see more pictures Kara!! :)

Hill Family said...

Congratulations guys! That is so exciting. We found your blog off of Kimberly and Toby's page, hope that is ok. We are excited for our first one, it look like tons of fun (and work).

Kendall & Ashley

Shane and Amy Jo said...

We found you! Cute blog!! You have SO many comments...I love that. It was fun to see you guys the other weekend and to see Mylee. She's such a pretty little baby. I hope you are getting into the swing of things a little more...it just takes time. We'll need to keep in better touch and share our baby stories! Our blog is:
twolittlebroncos.blogspot.com
Hope to see you guys again soon.