Monday, February 28, 2011

Our little Bennett...

only a few days old
 Mylee holding Bennett.  She asks us almost everyday to hold Bennett and she is the biggest helper.  She helps out so much with running to get things while I nurse, or checking on him when he starts to cry, getting his binkie for him if it falls out, and just giving him loves and telling him "its okay Bennett" when he is crying.  She is so cute with him and she loves her little brother!
His first bath.  Kevin did great with Mylee as his helper.  At this point I was still sick with a spinal headache so I got up to snap a few pictures and was back in bed.  It was cute to see Mylee helping her daddy out.   Bennett screamed the whole time, never a fun time for a newborn.
Bennett chillin with his daddy.  Kevin was the best Mr. Mom while I was sick after giving birth.  I delivered Bennett on a Wednesday,  I got sick with my spinal headache on Saturday, and my mom arrived to help on Tuesday, so Kevin did EVERYTHING for those 4 days.  I could only nurse Bennett while laying in bed,  (I wasn't able to stand or sit for the whole week that I had the spinal headache), so Kevin was in charge of caring for Bennett in every way, and also taking care of Mylee.  He was exhausted!  He did so good at keeping the house picked up, burping Bennett for me at every feeding, and making sure both kids got what they needed.  He was the BEST through that crazy difficult time!
Our sweet healthy Bennett

No comments: