Liberty and Mylee
Malea, Marie, and I
At the end of September we went to a DSU (Dickinson State University) tailgate party before a football game. Before we left I took some pictures of Mylee and I would tell her to pose a certain way and she would. She's pretty crazy,so I had to put these pictures in for fun!! So, now onto our scary moment!!!
We had fun tailgating but it wasn't so fun as we were about to leave. Kevin went to put some stuff in the car and I thought Mylee went with him. I started gathering stuff together and was on my way to the car and noticed Kevin was in the parking lot without Mylee. I worried a little but thought she must be back with our friends. I went back and she wasn't there, and Kevin and I just started looking for her for a bit. But we couldn't find her. My heart dropped, we had lost Mylee for sure. I turned to tell my friends we couldn't find her and I just lost it! I couldn't think where she would be. We all searched for her for what seemed like forever! There were so many people and I felt so helpless in finding her. After almost 10 minutes (which doesn't sound long but it felt like forever) I heard my friend say they found her, and so I rushed over and Mylee was in our friends truck with her 4 yr old friend. They were seriously just feet away from us the whole time, but they couldn't hear us in there. I was shooken up for a good couple hours after that. It was such a scary few minutes for me and something I never want to experience again. I know most mom's have experiences like this at some point and it is not fun at all. My brother was lost at Disneyland for 45 minutes when he was 8 yrs. old. I can't even imagine how my mom and dad must have felt. Ahhh...not a fun day at all and I am so glad Mylee was safe and that we found her. Many prayers were said in that 10 minutes.

No comments:
Post a Comment