I finally caught the craft bug again!! I guess I have made a couple things since we got here last Feb. but I really haven't done much crafting. It's not very motivating or easy to do crafts here because we don't have any craft stores, and Wal Mart only has so much. So we have to travel 1 1/2 hrs to get to a Hobby Lobby or JoAnnes. I know I am probably complaining but that probably is my least favorite thing about being here, besides it being so far from home. :) I really do like it here, but I do tell Kevin all the time that I wish they had more stores here to shop at. Even just a Target would be great, oh and a Costco. :) Anyways, enough on that! So my friend and I made these candy topiaries that we found a tutorial for here. They are fun and I think we want to make topiaries for every holiday now. (It's not the greatest picture-sorry)
We made this BOO sign with wood letters (chipboard type letters) that we spray painted and then covered with scrapbook paper. We then connected them with ribbon and did a few embellishments to them. Super easy!
3 comments:
I love when you share your crafting ideas! Remember your mother's day topiaries? I shared them with the RS activities committee in our ward and now we are making them as part of our super saturday! Keep sharing. The halloween topiaries are so cute!
P.S. I can't believe it's already snowed up there. I am so not ready for winter.
Oooh, very nice!
hey, its been so long since we have talked. we moved here to arizona and right after our computer broke and we havnet been able to get a new one so i dont do any blogging anymore and i miss it, hopefully soon though. i am at the library right now on the internet and wanted to catch up. things here are good and as soon as we get a computer i will post pictures. we are having our second little girl on the 30th so on thursday and we are really excited and nervous but thats whats keeping us busy now. congrats to you on your second! i hope everything is great for you and i will hopefully talk to you soon.
Post a Comment