Saturday, December 6, 2008

Microwave Caramels


I needed a quick holiday treat for tonight and found this recipe from my mom. They are super delicious and easy.


Microwave Caramels

1 c. karo syrup
2 c. sugar
2 cubes butter
Cook for 5 min. uncovered in the microwave.
Stir

Add:
1 can sweetened condensed milk

Cook in the microwave for 11-13 minutes.
Stir every 3 minutes
(test drop in ice water-if you can flatten the caramel in your fingers it is ready!)

Cool for 30 minutes in a greased 9x13 pan
Cut the caramels in small pieces using cooking shears.
Wrap in wax paper.

Enjoy!!

6 comments:

Jenn said...

What a GREAT idea!! Thanks for sharing!

Megan Ford said...

Hey Kara, I love that recipe. We used it last year.

I need your snow effect but I can't find it anywhere. I tried to find one when I changed my background over Thanksgiving...
Please help.

Chad and Becca said...

And they were delicious!!!! I love caramels but hate stirring the pot for 20 minutes straight, your recipe is so much easier! I will have to give it a shot! Thanks for coming over, it was a blast. We should do it again soon!

Gunnell Fam said...

Homemade caramels are m favorite Christmas treat! Thanks for sharing this recipe!

CAMI said...

Ah sad I missed them!

Marc, Michelle, Jackson, and Bennett said...

They sound delicious! I am definitely trying this one. Thanks.