Saturday, October 11, 2008

More fun...

The end of September Jen and I canned pears. It was fun doing it together! We each got 24 quarts of pears. We had some extra pears so we canned a few quarts of pear sauce as well.

Also, I tried applesauce for the first time. They turned out great, but I ended up with only 6 quarts. I know...a lot of work and time to only get a few. I had a large box of apples but just didn't get much. I had to laugh even though it was a little disappointing to see 6 jars as a result of all that work. But it was fun to do during conference and Kevin was around to help as well so that was fun and very helpful. I just got a lot more apples from my Aunt Trudy (which is so kind of her) and I think I might dehydrate them and possibly try to get a little more applesauce out of them.

1 comment:

Jenn said...

I love that you are able to can so many things!!! I bet it is even more fun when you have people to can with!