Thursday, September 18, 2008

Peach fun

Picking peaches at the orchard

Mylee and Spencer hanging out while we canned.


The end result!

My mom, cousin Jen, and I canned peaches last weekend. (I guess I shouldn't leave out Nick and Kevin, our husbands who helped us out a little on Sat) Jen and I went and picked them at the church orchard in Caldwell last Wed., (we ended up getting them all off the ground for free-which was so nice) and then canned a few hours on Friday and Saturday. I have always just canned peaches with my dad the last few years, which is a fun memory I have with him. But he happened to be out of town (or maybe it was on purpose) and the peaches were ready so we went for it. We canned a total of 116 quarts. It went a lot faster than I was planning on, and we had a good time doing it (besides our backs being sore)!!

9 comments:

Cinderella, the A-Train and Our Little Caboose said...

Wow! Look at how ambitious you two are together! I could learn a thing or two from you! :)

Elizabeth said...

Looks like a lot of work, but how fun to do it with your mom and Jen. Enjoy your peaches!!

Jenn said...

That is amazing!! Even better that you got them for FREE! Wow! Way to go!

Tony and Sarah Hendricks said...

I love canned peaches!!! That is impressive how many quarts you all did! Did Jen move here?

nateandcole said...

Nice job on all your picking and canning. That's a lot of peaches you did and so rewarding every time you open a jar.
Sarah (Greaves) Kruse, my mom, and I all canned together too. It's fun doing it with others.

Cindy Spratling said...

Awesome job getting so much done! I did peaches this weekend too, but only a fraction of what you did, and I had to pay for mine :)

Marc, Michelle, Jackson, and Bennett said...

What a fun activity! It must have been some hard work...but how fun that you were able to do it with your Mom and Jen! I'll bet it is fun to have Jen living close to you again.

Carrie Miller said...

YOU GUYS ARE AWESOME!!! I am totally impressed, and somewhat wishing I was ambitious as you!

Jill said...

116 quarts! I am totally impressed!!! Looks like lots of peaches this year! Good Work!! I love your pictures of Mylee on the blog. Mike has been telling Austin good job on the kiss last night. (Austin gave Mylee a kiss last night.)