Sunday, August 24, 2008

Y-Not Triathlon

On August 7th I ran in a small triathlon. I had tons of fun doing it plus it was a good challenge for me as I prepared for it. Overall the actual race was a new, hard, and fun experience. I did it with my sister-in-law Rachelle, her sister Lindsay, and my good friend Julie Carroll. It consisted of a 1/4 mile swim, a 6 mile bike ride, and a 2 mile run. It was such a great experience! The swim part was the most nerve racking for me, but it went a lot better than I had anticipated even though I still swam it slow. Here are a few pictures from the event.

We swam a couple practice swims up at Spring Shores. Here Mylee is sporting the swim cap and goggles, our future triathlete!

Our friends Kyle, Cara and their son Milo came up to swim it once with us. Here the guys are heading back to the cars. I thought it was a cute shot of them.

The four of us moments before the start of the race, wow were my nerves going! Left to Right: Rachelle, Lindsay, me, and Julie

Just finishing the swim and so glad to have made it to this point of the race!

Here I am running at the very end of the race.

They had different kinds of food for us to eat at the end of the race. All I wanted was their grapes, bananas and water. I kept going back for more. Here I am after it was over. It felt so good to be done with the race although I loved doing it. The race didn't start until 7:30 at night, and so I had all day to be nervous and think about it!!

10 comments:

Cinderella, the A-Train and Our Little Caboose said...

Way to go Kara! I could never do a triatalon...I can't swim worth beans (plus I am totally afraid of deep water). Props to you, you look great!

nateandcole said...

Way to go--that looks so fun! I want to do it next year if you're doing it again!

Elizabeth said...

Awesome!! I'm glad you had such a great experience. I'm doing one in May with some ladies in our ward and can't wait!

amy stansel said...

Good for you kara!! what a great race. Looks like tons of fun!!

Liz said...

Wow! Way to go, Kara! Having fun...staying in shape...so when are you going to enter a marathon?? J/K! But really, that's awesome!

Alisa said...

wow kara! good for you! you go girl!!

Cindy Spratling said...

That is so awesome! I have been looking online for a similar race here in AZ. I am so excited to be done being pregnant so I can have my body back. My goal is to do something big next year... like a triathlon or half marathon or something. Way to go!

Gunnell Fam said...

Looks like you had a great experience! What a fun thing to do with friends and family.

Amber said...

You go girl. I think it is amazing those ladies who do this... you are one of them! Good JOB!:)

Kim Allen said...

That is so exciting that you did it! I'm glad we were randomly down there to see it too! You may not have known that but we hung out with your family for a bit.