Sunday, September 30, 2007

Lately...

These pictures are all in the wrong order, and the paragraph at the bottom was to be at the top. From past experiences, if I try and fix it I will probably lose what I have done. So, sorry about the random order. This picture was from our last mutual activity. We learned how to decorate cakes, and I decided to dedicate mine to Kevin.
This is what Kevin did while I blogged today. He was really wanting to make cookies today, (very surprising) But he made some delicous Snickerdoodles.
We harvested some of our veggies from our garden. Our favorite this year was home grown Idaho Potatoes. Although some of them were very tiny. (I made Kevin pose for this picture!)
This is a house Kevin just built with his partner. He just learned Fri. how to put in a hardwood floor. His friend came from out of town, and showed Kev and his partenr how to do it in this home.
This is a picture of me at mutual a couple weeks ago. (I sound like I am still a teenager) We had planned to go on a hike at Table Rock (pretty place in North Boise that overlooks the city), but we decided we didn't have enough time and so we ended up going south of Boise by the prison in the beautiful desert!!!

(this is the paragraph that was supposed to be at the top) Well, Kevin and I are staying busy with life in general. Nothing too monumental, but just felt like updating our blog. Here are a few things we have been up to. Kevin serves in YM's and I serve in YW's so we enjoy going to some of the same activities. We are going to a corn maze this Wed. for our combined activity. It should be fun. Kevin is looking forward to deer season opening this Friday. He is already planning a hunting trip with his friends for a day or two this weekend. He went Dove/Quail hunting yesterday with my dad and they both got their limits. For me, yesterday the highlight was getting a jogging stroller and car seat. I ended up finding a great deal on Craig's List and so we ended up getting it. I put it in my bedroom and I just keep looking at it, and dreaming of the day when I will have my own baby in there. I am sure that sounds ridiculous to some of you, but it is just sooo exciting to me. I am still wanting to go baby shopping all the time to start buying things. (still trying to convince Kev how exciting it will be) We did end up going once last week to Babies R Us, (we didn't get anything), but it was so fun to see all the cute things. We don't know what we are having until the first week of Nov., so it makes it a little hard to buy too much.

9 comments:

Liz said...

i totally remember doing the same thing when i was pregnant! also, the first time we went into babies r us it was so overwhelming because we had no idea there was so much baby stuff you could buy!

Cindy Spratling said...

Kara, thanks for commenting on my blog. It really has been fun seeing what's going on in your life too :) And congrats to Rob. Hadley looks like a fun girl. We are actually living in Idaho Falls. Ben graduated last year and is working for a Lending Company and really likes his job. We may or may not be here for a while. We are hoping for a job in Nampa. We'll see.

Amy said...

kara - beautiful house!!! I love your pictures. You two are so cute together. HOpe you are feeling well.

Marc, Michelle, Jackson, and Bennett said...

Kara, i definitely did the same things while I was pregnant. I would pull out the little toys or gear we had bought and just think about how fun it would be to have Jackson using it or what it would be like to have him. And I agree with Liz, I never knew how much baby gear was out there! It's hard to know what you NEED.

How are you feeling with the pregnancy?

Also, these are all very cute pictures! Great update on you two and your little one on the way.

Liz said...

how do you know greg and allice stockhoff??

Kara said...

Allice was my old roommate. How do you know them?

April said...

Kara, it is so good to come across your blog and see how you are doing! Congrats on the pregnancy!! I don't think I have talked to you since our Ricks College days! We are expecting our third girl in Feb so we are pretty close together in our pregnancy's. I just joined the blogging world last month so here is our site: www.theshousefamily.blogspot.com
Talk to you soon!

Alisa said...

Our husbands should get together....they are both builders and my husband will not stop talking about deer hunting....he is so excited to go this saturday!!!

Marc, Michelle, Jackson, and Bennett said...

We were in the same married ward at BYU, with ben and cindy. Crazy.