Uncle Rod, Sarah, Chad and Aunt Pam
Kevin, Mylee and I headed to California for the funeral of my Uncle Rod. He is my moms only brother. It was so good to go down to remember my Uncle Rod and to be with everyone! Funerals are always so inspiring. My Uncle Rod and Aunt Pam have 6 kids and they all spoke at the funeral, very touching! I copied this photo from my cousins blog because not only are they so happy but because this is how I remember him. He was a great example to all!

Grandpa Tibbitts, Kevin, Kara, Grandma Tibbitts
I love my grandparents so much. They are such great examples to me. My grandma writes weekly letters that are so fun to read, I am amazed at how busy they are. I love them so much!!

It was so great to gather after the funeral at my grandparents home. I love all of my relatives so much, we have so much fun together and we always have the best discussions!

My Grandparents home in sunny California. I have SO many great memories here. My mom grew up here most her life. And my grandparents are moving soon so I am glad I was able to go there one more time. It was fun to show Kevin around as well.

My sister Heather Lyn was my parents first child. She passed away at 4 1/2 months old. Even though I have never known her in this life it is amazing the love I have for her. She is a strength to me and I am so grateful for her and I am so grateful to know that I will see her again someday.

My parents at Heather Lyn's head stone.

My Family!
It was so special as we talked there and shared thoughts and listened to my parents share memories of her! Something I will never forget! I love my family!


After the funeral at the luncheon! It was great to have my whole family there!

Mylee fell asleep on me after the funeral. We were shocked since it is very unusual for her. I loved every second of it though.
Some of my cousins
Of my 36 cousins all but 4 were there, it was so great to see all of them!
me, Stacie, Kristi, Alisa, Jen, Racheal, Liz, and Keri

Kevin-board surfing! We headed to the beach one day. We stayed a couple nights at Aunt Donna's home. She lives an hour or so from the ocean. (Aunt Donna is Kevin's aunt, and unfortunately I didn't get any pictures of him with his cousins there) Kevin was the only brave one to get in the water. Mylee and I thought the water was freezing, as well as all the other surfers who were in full body wet suits!

Our Family at the beach in Malibu
7 comments:
Thanks for posting these pictures!! I really wish Matt had his camera with him to document the family weekend in CA. I'm so glad so many of you could be there together--you have such a great family!
So glad you guys had a good time in Cali. What a wonderful trip! Lets hang out sometime! =)
Sorry about the passing of your uncle. It looks like you had quite a memorable trip!
You guys have such a strong family. It is so fun to see your strength. Thanks for the example!
I loved seeing all of these pictures. I can't believe how many cousins were all able to be together at the funeral. Thanks for this great post.
I'm sorry to hear about the loss of your uncle. You do have a great family and I'm glad you were all able to be in CA together. I loved the pictures! Especially of everyone at Heather's headstone. Very touching and inspiring. Love you and your family. Tell them hi for me.
What neat pictures and stories to go along with them! Thanks for sharing...very inspiring!! I think I shed a tear when I saw the picture of your family at Heather's headstone...wow!!
Post a Comment