Monday, September 15, 2008

Yellowstone National Park

I went to Yellowstone with my parents, Stacie, and Mylee for a few days the first week of Sept. Kevin worked all week up near McCall so I thought it was a good chance to go on a little vacation. We spent 2 days in the park and 1 day in West Yellowstone. At the end of the trip we dropped Stacie off in Rexburg to begin her freshmen year at BYU-I. She was so excited to start college. It was fun to be in Rexburg again, since I had not been back since I graduated in '04. It has changed a ton. The temple is so beautiful and it looks like they are making some great changes on campus.

Here are some pictures from the trip. Sorry there are so many and that they are in such a random order.

My dad and I did a puzzle while we were there.

My dad carried Mylee around as we walked on the paths near Mammoth.
This buffalo was the highlight of the trip. He first blocked the traffic on the other side of road and then made his way over to our side of the street. He walked right by our car and continued to lazily walk by the side of the road for quite a while. I had my window rolled down and was tempted to touch him but decided I didn't want to risk anything.
They have some beautiful scenery and waterfalls in Yellowstone. The last time I was there I was around 12 years old so it was fun to go back there.



My parents have Trendwest so we stayed at the new condo in West Yellowstone. We grilled meat each night we were there. My dad is quite the cook and we had some delicous meals while there.

Mylee reading her book.

The famous sign.

Eating ice cream while we waited for Old Faithful.
Old Faithful!
My mom, Mylee, Stacie and my dad walking back from Old Faithful.
It was a great trip! Thanks mom and dad for letting me come along.

4 comments:

The Idaho Olsens said...

It looks like you had a great time at Yellowstone. I can't believe how big Mylee is getting, she is such a cutie...I love the pink BSU outfit.

The Clayton's said...

Looks like lots of fun! I love all the pictures...Kyler does too. He loves his little "Baby Mylee."

Juliette said...

How fun, I can't believe how much your sister looks like you, I had to do a double take! I LOVE puzzles they are relaxing and a challenge, especially those 1000 piece ones! And go Broncos, during my husbands last seaon as a bronco football player Katelyn had a jersey with our name and his number on the back, it was so cute! There is nothing like a little girl all dolled up in bronco gear, too cute!

Cindy Spratling said...

I love Yellowstone! Cute pictures. I am still laughing so hard at the previous post... the one with the baby totally posing. Who is that? He is totally the Michellin tire man with all those rolls ;)