I had my video recorder out a lot today. Mylee kept doing cute things. I had just finished feeding her and sneezed twice and she started laughing so hard. I kept doing fake sneezes and she kept laughing. She has only had small little chuckles so it was cute to hear her. She also has just discovered her feet within the last few days so she plays with her toes now. So cute! She is also starting to move around rather than stay where I put her. I left her on the couch while I ran upstairs and came back with her head face down at the edge of the couch in a whole new position. Kind of scary. She also scoots down or up in her crib while sleeping. She is just getting bigger and it is fun to see her become more mobile. The other big news is she had her first bottle of formula today. I was reluctant to have her start but I really had no choice. I think it seems convenient actually to have her drink formula BUT it still was a little hard to think I couldn't give her what she needed. It was only for one feeding, but it was still hard since she has only had breastmilk since she was born. I hope I don't have to use it too much yet. I think the main reason I am lacking in supply is I am not getting enough sleep, good nutrients, and water. I will have to increase all that and see how it goes.
Thursday, July 17, 2008
Big Day for Mylee
I had my video recorder out a lot today. Mylee kept doing cute things. I had just finished feeding her and sneezed twice and she started laughing so hard. I kept doing fake sneezes and she kept laughing. She has only had small little chuckles so it was cute to hear her. She also has just discovered her feet within the last few days so she plays with her toes now. So cute! She is also starting to move around rather than stay where I put her. I left her on the couch while I ran upstairs and came back with her head face down at the edge of the couch in a whole new position. Kind of scary. She also scoots down or up in her crib while sleeping. She is just getting bigger and it is fun to see her become more mobile. The other big news is she had her first bottle of formula today. I was reluctant to have her start but I really had no choice. I think it seems convenient actually to have her drink formula BUT it still was a little hard to think I couldn't give her what she needed. It was only for one feeding, but it was still hard since she has only had breastmilk since she was born. I hope I don't have to use it too much yet. I think the main reason I am lacking in supply is I am not getting enough sleep, good nutrients, and water. I will have to increase all that and see how it goes.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
15 comments:
Kara,
How exciting! She is so cute! I'm happy to understand what it's like; just on Monday our little Jared laughed for the first time. If you're like us, you've spent a lot of time doing anything to get a giggle. How fun!
Kara- I will have to talk to you at Sarah's shower about milk supply. Remind me!
Don't stress about it too much Kara. It really is okay if you just can't do it. I think I needed to drink a lot more water and I also tried an herbal suppliment that was supposed to help with milk supply. BUt it just was SO frustrating and SO hard. I gave it my best shot and I will with all of my kids, but I have also learned that if it just doesn't work its alright too. I think most of our cousins were formula feed and we all turned out pretty great. :) I know that breast milk is the best you can give your child, but in the same token if you can't...you're no less of a mom. Just as me and Liz. :)
PS I still think you are a GREAT mom if you switch over to formula. :) Kuddos for trying to nurse!
I just have to say that Michelle stole the words right out of my mouth! Thanks Michelle for sayin what i thought to be soooo hard! you're the best!
Mylee is growing so fast! She is darling!!!
Hey Kara! Mylee is so cute!
Mylee is getting so big. I have to say that when kids laugh it is the cutest thing!
Ahh she is so cute. That toy she is playing on is really neat! We sure had fun with you guys a few weekends back. Hope all is well. We will chat soon.
Hey guys, it was so good to see you again. Its been a long time. And Mylee is so dang cute! Especially when she was sitting in that bumbo, or whatever that chair thing was. Anyways we need to get together and hang out some time -K-
Kara! What a cute little family you have! This is an awesome way to keep in touch, take care!
Hey~ I love your blog- I was actually thinking of using this background- Its so cute- I love the head picture- WEll I hope things are going good- it was fun to hang out with you guys the other night!
Good job last night. You are an awesome triathlete. Did you like it?
Cara
Hey Kara its Jaime Burnham... cute blog. So I linked to Angela Giles blog from yours and she was talking about her friend Kara who teaches swim lessons... is that you? If so you should talk to me about that some time.
Kara,
I've finally started a blog of my own. Will you send me your email so I can invite you? Also, I really need your address. My husband found something from college that I want to send to you. Mylee is so cute!
Post a Comment